Wednesday 5 May 2010

2nd April 2010

Candle and Wooden Puzzle, 45 Minutes

I really wanted to do a proper study of light, to get an object and draw it in candle light coming out of the darkness. This is a response to Richards exhibition of Still Lives where much of the work really exploited the qualities of light. I think that it has worked out quite well, probably one of the best drawings so far. This project is really having the desired effect, I was able to concentrate very easily on this drawing, I really lost track of time and found myself absorbed in it. On the first drawing my mind was as busy as a bee hive, here my mind really settled and was as still as a lake. I'd like to do a Monet type repetitive series of one object using a selection of different lighting positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment